友情提示:本文共有 2889 个字,阅读大概需要 6 分钟。
Hello and welcome to my channel
大家好,欢迎来到我的频道
This is Raphael in New York City
我是纽约市的拉斐尔
My aim is to help you get English
我的目的是帮助你们学好英语 One day last year, I encountered a man at Grand Central Station
去年的某一天,我在纽约中央车站遇到一个人
He said he was looking for a toilet
他说他正在寻找厕所
I had no idea what he was talking about
我不太清楚他在说什么
At first, I thought he wanted to buy a toilet
起初,我以为他想买个马桶
Because people in New York don"t normally use that expression,I was confused
因为在纽约人们通常不会用这个表达,所以我很困惑
We eventually understood one another and we shared a good laugh
我们最终互相理解了,我们一起友好的笑了起来
People in New York don"t say toilet
纽约人不说toilet
They normally would say, Where"s the bathroom?
他们通常会说,洗手间在哪里?
or, Do you know where the bathroom is?
或者,你知道洗手间在哪里吗?
Another common way of saying bathroom is restroom,also men"s room, or lady"s room
厕所的另一种常见的说法是restroom,还有男厕所或女厕所
If you are at home, or in someone else"s house it"s always called the bathroom
如果你在家里,或者在别人的家里,厕所总是被称为bathroom
You would ask them, Where"s the bathroom? or Could I use the bathroom?
你会问他们,洗手间在哪里?或者我能用一下洗手间吗?
If you are in an airport, or in a train station, or a shopping mall, a library
如果你在机场,火车站,购物中心,图书馆
or any other public place, you would say, I want to find a bathroom, or, I want to find a restroom
或者其他公共场所,你会说,我想找一个洗手间,或者,我想找一个卫生间。
The restroom is also called the washroom, also the men"s room, or the lady"s room
restroom也叫洗手间,也叫男厕所或者女厕所,
Sometimes a lady will prefer to the lady"s room as a powder room
有时,女士会更喜欢把女厕所当作为化妆间
There is also the word, the Lavatory,The Lavatory is a room with only a toilet and a sink
还有一个词是Lavatory,Lavatory是一个只有马桶和洗手盆的房间
There are many houses with 1 1/2(one and a half)baths or 2 1/2(two and a half)baths
有很多房子有一个半浴室或两个半浴室
The half bath is the Lavatory
那半个浴室就是洗手间
A lavatory is sometimes called the powder room if it is positioned near or close to the front door.....
lavatory有时被称为化妆室,如果它被放置在前门附近或靠近前门.....
In the United Kingdom, a bathroom is often called the WC, WC means Water Closet
在英国,洗手间通常被称为W C,W C是指抽水马桶
They also call the Water Closet the Loo. Loo comes from the French word L"eau
他们也把洗手间叫做Loo, Loo来自法语单词L"eau
L"eau in French means water
L"eau 在法语中是水的意思
so, if you come to the United States and are looking for a bathroom
所以,如果你来到美国并且想要找一个洗手间
you can simply ask, "Where"s the bathroom" or "Where"s the rest room
你可以简单地问“洗手间在哪里”或者“卫生间在哪里”
Everyone will understand you
每个人都会理解你
It is always good to say, "Could you please tell me where the bathroom is?
最好这样说:"你能告诉我洗手间在哪里吗?"
because it is more polite......
因为这样更有礼貌......
If you are in the bathroom, and someone knocks at the door
如果你正在洗手间里面,有人敲门
you would loudly say, or even shout, "Wait a minute" or " I"ll be right out" or "Hold on"
你可以大声说,甚至大喊,"等一下",或者说"我马上就出来了",或者说“等一下”
If you enjoyed this article
如果你喜欢这篇文章
give me a thumbs up
请给我点赞,
tell your friends, and subscribe to my channel
告诉你的朋友,并关注订阅我的频道
There"s a lot more coming
还有更多的文章到来
Until next time
下期再会
this is Raphael
我是拉斐尔
See you soon again
很快将会与你们再见
本文如果对你有帮助,请点赞收藏《如何用英语正确表达我要上厕所呢?学会了让你受益匪浅!》,同时在此感谢原作者。